"Thus a German huntsman will stick a nail taken from a coffin into the fresh spoor of a quarry, believing that this will hinder the animal from escaping" - Sir James Frazer, The Golden Bough.
Hunted out today on a second-hand book market:
- Yukio Mishima, "At The Banquet";
- Jorge Luis Borges, "The Book Of Imaginary Beings";
- Colin M. Turnbull, "The Forest People. A Study Of The Pygmies Of The Congo" (check out a pygmy elephant hunting song, recorded by Turnbull, here);
- Curzio Malaparte, "The Skin";
- Clifford Geertz, "The Religion Of Java";
- Rainer Maria Rilke, "The Lay of the Love and Death of Cornet Christoph Rilke";
- Friedrich Nietzsche, "Götzen-Dämmerung";
- Friedrich Nietzsche, "Mensliches Allzumensliches, Ein Buch Für Freie Geister".