Another playlist, a rather shortish one this time, it's title once more a parodic riff on a Boards of Canada's song title ("Hey Saturday Sun"), it's contents inspired by Georges Bataille's visions of Sol Niger, the black sun ... of a solar anus ... of a sun bursting open at the top of one's head like an overripe pimple ... of a sun that is the denucleated eye of a dead priest.
Various Artists - Hey Rotten Sun
1. Godflesh - Sungod Dub (from the 'Messiah' ep);
2. Weakling - Disasters In The Sun (from the 'Dead As Dreams' cd);
3. Skullflower - Rotten Sun (from 'IIIrd Gatekeeper');
4. Leviathan - The Idiot Sun (from the 'The Tenth Sublevel Of Suicide' cd);
5. Swans - I Am The Sun (from 'The Great Annihilator' cd).
Here is a link to an article on Georges Bataille and Marquis De Sade, titled "Black Sun".
Here is a link to an article on Georges Bataille and vampirism - relevant here because the article discusses vampirism and the sun in the light (or should one say - unlight?) of Bataille's philosophy.
Here is a link to the lyrics of 'I Am The Sun' by Swans; here is a link to the lyrics of Leviathan's 'The Idiot Sun'; and here is a link to the lyrics for 'Sungod' by Godflesh.